Sunday, February 6, 2011

My heart is thousands of miles away


I have had this blog for quite a while now and I haven't kept up with it. I thought I would start it up since my husband is deployed so he can keep up with it, and also so my family and friends can keep up with it as well. I also think it will be a good outlet for me to write. I had an online journal once before and I miss it! Tony has been gone one month today. We really miss him. It's sad to think how many men and women go without their partners over this war, but I am so proud of my husband for what he does for our family and this country.
Since he has been gone Kinsley and I went to Georgia to visit. We had a good time. It snowed about 10 inches while we were there. That was a huge change from the tropical and 80 degree daily weather. She loved playing in the snow and building snowmen and making snow angels. I really enjoyed seeing my family. You really take family for granted when you have them around all of the time so I am happy I got to see them while I was in town along with the few true friends that made an attempt to see me. Its weird how when we made the jump to military life how it seemed we lost friends, but that's okay because we gained so many amazing friends who understand more of the things we go through.
I am not sure what I would do here if I didn't make friends. When we first moved here I wasn't sure I was going to make that many friends now I look and see the friends I do have are such wonderful people and really help me when I need it. It is such a comforting feeling, especially when my husband is thousands and thousands of miles away.

Well, I hope to keep up with this blog so my wonderful husband can keep up with the shenanigans of mine and Kinsley daily activities as well as my family and friends.

Also, I had an idea to start doing diaper cakes to make a little extra money, I did my second one today with the help of my wonderful friend Dawn since I waited until the last minute as usual and here is how it turned out...

If you actually read this.. I love you Tony!

No comments:

Post a Comment