Sunday, February 6, 2011

To have kids you must have thick skin.

Or to have my daughter you do. She is brutally honest, and knows how to push my buttons and how to try and push me to see what she can get away with. I know she doesn't mean to hurt my feelings with some of the things she says, because what 4 year old knows how to hurt feelings? But she told me today "Mom, I don't like that stuff on your face" and I said "Kinsley, what stuff?" although I knew exactly what she was talking about, considering I had just washed my makeup off. She said "those polka dots" which is her name for just about any boo-boo. I was like, great, if SHE notices and she is 4 then everyone else must be staring!

She is a very well behaved kid most always, but she knows how to test her limits. Since Tony has been gone she has been doing just that. Sometimes I don't like to be the bad guy, and right now I hate being the bad guy since I ALWAYS have to be the bad guy, but she is just testing me and testing me. I feel like my patience is worn thin always and I wish it weren't. Its 11:48, she still isn't asleep, and for once I put her to bed early since we got back in town- trying to get back on our good schedule. She just refuses to go to sleep. Its one excuse after another. "Mommy, i'm hungry, Mommy, I have to potty. Mommy, my legs itch, MOMMY... " How am I supposed to relax here?!

I guess this is what being a parent is all about. Kind of makes me feel sorry for my parents at times. But I know I wasn't that stubborn when I was a kid, there is just no way!

Kinsley and I didn't do much today. I cleaned while her and Anna played and I watched some of the superbowl while she watched Alvin and the Chipmunks. I feel asleep - the Hawaiian rain will do that to ya. I got up and we had spaghetti for dinner and we had to get out in the nasty rain to buy milk for breakfast in the morning.

I am laying here drinking my "Sleepy Time" tea - yes, its really tea, no hidden messages there on the 5th time of putting Kinsley back in her bedroom. Hopefully she will fall asleep soon, and I'm sure I will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment